Tennis Key Sales
|San Rafael Residents||Non-Residents|
|Full Year||Half Year||Full Year||Half Year|
|July 1 - June 30||Jan 1- June 30||July 1 - June 30||Jan 1- June 30|
Juniors (under 18)
|Lost Key Fee||$15||$15||$15||$15|
Buy your keys at:
San Rafael Community Center, 618 B Street - (415) 485-3333
Terra Linda Community Center, 670 Del Ganado Road - (415) 485-3344
Office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
City of San Rafael Tennis Court Rules
- Tennis courts are for TENNIS ONLY, unless striped for Pickleball. No other uses are permitted.
- Use of courts permitted by purchase of TENNIS KEY ONLY. Keys allow purchaser and one (1) guest to access. Keys may be purchased through the San Rafael Community Services Department, 618 B Street (485-3333).
- Priority is given to Community Services programs and instruction approved by the San Rafael Community Services Department. PRIVATE LESSONSARE NOT PERMITTED.
- When people are waiting to use a court:
- A non-regulation set is limited to THIRTY (30) minutes court time. Players must then relinquish the court.
- There is a maximum of FIVE (5) minutes rallying before commencing play.
- Singles players must relinquish the court upon completion of the set in progress. Doubles set winners may challenge the bench but must leave the court at the conclusion of that set.
- Doubles set losers must leave the court after one (1) set. When a set reaches 6-6, a seven (7)-point tiebreaker will be played.
- The waiting line position of players is determined by the arrival of the second player. First in line will get the first available court.
- Playing a match on one court does not constitute waiting on another court.
- Players waiting to play a match have priority over an individual using the ball wall for practice.
- No more than SIX (6) balls on a given court at one time when adjacent court is in use. Exception for City authorized lessons or programs.
- Rubber soled shoes only on the courts.
- Persons damaging or destroying property are subject to arrest and fine.
- Players may be asked to abide by the rules by anyone on the court or waiting.
- Players in violation of above rules or not displaying appropriate etiquette may lose playing privileges at the discretion of the San Rafael Community Services Director or Department representative.
- Revenues generated by key purchases are applied to maintenance of all City tennis courts.
- Keys are valid from July 1 to June 30 annually.
- There is a certain amount of risk with any athletic endeavor, PLAYERS PLAY AT THEIR OWN RISK.
Thank you for your cooperation and support,
San Rafael Community Services Department
618 B Street, San Rafael, CA 94901
San Rafael Police Dispatch